Accident Angels Wellness Show. Weekly Monday & Thursday Evenings 7-8 p.m.
Rebuild your life one day at a time after a serious accident or illness. Life has storms but we can ride the wave back to a healthy life.
Join Renee Angel as she offers testimonials, expert guests in Michigan, Auto No Fault Insurance Laws, Renee Angel’s knowledge and experience to help renew restore and rebuild the lives of individuals that have been in car accidents, educate all listeners on their rights and the benefits you deserve when in an auto, truck or motorcycle accident.
Listen Live to learn about your rights benefits and opportunities and receive free advice!
TO: House Colleagues
FROM: Representative Michael Webber, Representative Ben Frederick, Representative Donna Lasinski, and Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo
Date: October 9, 2017
RE: Co-Sponsorship Opportunity – Fair and Affordable No-Fault Reform Package
Tomorrow in my office (N-894), there will be blue backs available for co-sponsorship to provide Michigan’s residents with fair and affordable No-Fault reforms.
On Wednesday, the blue backs will be available for co-sponsorship on the house floor.
As a bipartisan coalition whose members represent a wide array of urban, suburban, and rural districts in this state, we look to continue offering the people of Michigan the protection they deserve, while lowering insurance rates for everyone. The bills are as follows:
- Provide reasonable hourly rate schedules for family-provided attendant care. Sponsor: Rep. Frederick (seat #29)
- Provide reasonable health provider fee schedules with Prompt Pay and allowance for E-billing. Sponsor: Rep. Canfield (seat #14) tie-barred to Covenant legislation
- Codify a reversal of the Covenant decision to allow healthcare providers to sue auto-insurers for unpaid balances. Sponsor: Rep. Lucido (seat #44)
- Change the look-back rule to file a claim from one year to three years. Sponsor: Rep. Yaroch (seat #54)
- Raise the mini-tort threshold from $1,000 to $5,000. Sponsor:Rep. Marino(seat 9)
- Provide fair standards and qualifications regulating physicians Independent Medical Examinations. Sponsor: Rep. Bizon (seat #10)
- Clarify the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) as an indemnifier, not an entity to challenge claims. Sponsor: Rep. Marino (seat #9)
- Establish more certain thresholds to meet the “Serious impairment of bodily function” standard. Sponsor: Rep. Wittenberg (seat #81)
- Provide for meaningful rate reductions when drivers coordinate their auto insurance policies with health insurance policies. Sponsor: Rep. Lasinski (seat #95)
- Prevent factors unrelated to a person’s driving record from being used to determine their insurance policy rates. Sponsor: Rep. Gay-Dagnogo (seat #80)
- Ensure that patients do not have to incur the financial burden of care by requiring insurers to pre-authorize their treatment. Sponsor: Rep. Webber (seat #98)
- Eliminate requirement for senior drivers with Medicare or other full medical coverage to carry personal injury protection coverage. Sponsor: Rep. Greimel (seat #75)
- Please note that House Bill 4672 (Rep. Graves) related to establishment of a fraud authority and House Bill 4049 (Rep. Green) related to MCCA transparency are also components of this comprehensive reform package.
We encourage members to consider each bill on its own merit. We welcome your co-sponsorship.
Kevin A. McKinney
President, McKinney & Associates
216 N. Chestnut Lansing, MI 48933
Airtime 7-8 p.m.