October 12, 2017 | Posted in Accident Angels: Injury Consultant
Accident Angels Wellness Show. Weekly Monday & Thursday Evenings 7-8 p.m.
Listen Live to learn about your rights benefits and opportunities and receive free advice!
TO: House Colleagues
FROM: Representative Michael Webber, Representative Ben Frederick, Representative Donna Lasinski, and Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo
Date: October 9, 2017
RE: Co-Sponsorship Opportunity – Fair and Affordable No-Fault Reform Package
Tomorrow in my office (N-894), there will be blue backs available for co-sponsorship to provide Michigan’s residents with fair and affordable No-Fault reforms.
On Wednesday, the blue backs will be available for co-sponsorship on the house floor.
As a bipartisan coalition whose members represent a wide array of urban, suburban, and rural districts in this state, we look to continue offering the people of Michigan the protection they deserve, while lowering insurance rates for everyone. The bills are as follows:
- Provide reasonable hourly rate schedules for family-provided attendant care. Sponsor: Rep. Frederick (seat #29)
- Provide reasonable health provider fee schedules with Prompt Pay and allowance for E-billing. Sponsor: Rep. Canfield (seat #14) tie-barred to Covenant legislation
- Codify a reversal of the Covenant decision to allow healthcare providers to sue auto-insurers for unpaid balances. Sponsor: Rep. Lucido (seat #44)
- Change the look-back rule to file a claim from one year to three years. Sponsor: Rep. Yaroch (seat #54)
- Raise the mini-tort threshold from $1,000 to $5,000. Sponsor:Rep. Marino(seat 9)
- Provide fair standards and qualifications regulating physicians Independent Medical Examinations. Sponsor: Rep. Bizon (seat #10)
- Clarify the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) as an indemnifier, not an entity to challenge claims. Sponsor: Rep. Marino (seat #9)
- Establish more certain thresholds to meet the “Serious impairment of bodily function” standard. Sponsor: Rep. Wittenberg (seat #81)
- Provide for meaningful rate reductions when drivers coordinate their auto insurance policies with health insurance policies. Sponsor: Rep. Lasinski (seat #95)
- Prevent factors unrelated to a person’s driving record from being used to determine their insurance policy rates. Sponsor: Rep. Gay-Dagnogo (seat #80)
- Ensure that patients do not have to incur the financial burden of care by requiring insurers to pre-authorize their treatment. Sponsor: Rep. Webber (seat #98)
- Eliminate requirement for senior drivers with Medicare or other full medical coverage to carry personal injury protection coverage. Sponsor: Rep. Greimel (seat #75)
- Please note that House Bill 4672 (Rep. Graves) related to establishment of a fraud authority and House Bill 4049 (Rep. Green) related to MCCA transparency are also components of this comprehensive reform package.
We encourage members to consider each bill on its own merit. We welcome your co-sponsorship.
Kevin A. McKinney
President, McKinney & Associates
216 N. Chestnut Lansing, MI 48933
Airtime 7-8 p.m.
October 12, 2017 | Posted in Blessings With Selene
Blessings with Selene. Weekly Thursdays 10-11 a.m.
Selene is a grief coach and Angel Intuitive who after experiencing the personal loss of a child, restored her life by receiving and accepting loving messages from spirit. She brings her guidance, experiences, and spiritual approach to those parents who are grieving and strives to help them nurture their connection to their child, to God and to the angelic realm.
She is the author of: “Not Your Usual Grief Book: How to Heal While Connecting with Your Child Who Died,” in the hopes of spreading her message of healing and love to all those who need it.
Topic: She will be discussing how our minds become our worst enemies when we are grieving and how to master the mind so that we can consciously move from feeling sad to feeling connected to our child and at peace.
Airtime 10-11 a.m.